Self-Study Manual: Becoming a Better Political Ally for LGBTQI+ Populations
Triangle Project and LGBTQ Victory Institute are looking for an expert on SOGIESC (sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics) human rights and LGBTQI+ issues for a short-term consultancy to collaborate in the drafting of a self-study manual aiming at providing South African politicians with the necessary tools to become better allies for LGBTQI+ populations.
The consultant is expected to draft the first two modules of the self-study manual, which comprise roughly 50-60% of the manual. The amount available for this work is R25,000.
- Knowledge of the situations of LGBTQI+ populations in South Africa
- Experience working on SOGIESC human rights issues, as a policy advocate or researcher
- Experience participating in research initiatives and drafting reports or academic articles
- Experience developing training materials
- Desirable: Experience working on democracy and political participation issues
The deliverables for this consulting work are the following:
- Outline of the two modules on SOGIESC human rights and LGBTQI+ issues, according to a concrete set of issues that will be provided by our organisations
- Two modules for the self-study manual – roughly 40 pages
- Adapting this content of the self-study manual to become better political allies to a similar manual targeting Independent Electoral Commission’ staff members.
The consultant will have two months to deliver the content, from the date of signing the contract.
If you are interested, apply by the 8th of November 2020 using the link below.